Coaching Culturally Diverse Leaders
With Kanchan Prinsloo, MA, CEC, PCC
In our current global awareness, the importance of cultural diversity in leadership positions has heightened. Coaching culturally diverse leaders is nuanced. In addition to our core coaching approach with clients we now add a layer of understanding the impacts of culture to the individual.
As a leader who worked in various senior positions for over twenty five years, Kanchan has experienced first-hand the unique pressures associated with being at the intersectionality of race and gender in a leadership role. It is these experiences along with ongoing work, that shape Kanchan’s approach to coaching and built her practice in supporting culturally diverse executives and leaders.
In Kanchan’s experience of facilitating diversity based programs internationally, the themes are common. Hearing “How do I stay authentic to me, when it feels like no one wants me to be?” or “As a visible minority, I feel highly invisible” and “How do I get ahead when I don’t feel I know the rules?”
As coaches we have all helped leaders create self-awareness. This interactive webinar will draw on your experiences of coaching along with sharing the unique distinctions of coaching culturally diverse leaders.
What you will learn:
- What is Cultural Diversity? Why diversity is important for organizations
- Three key distinctions for coaching culturally diverse leaders
- An easy tool to deepen self-discovery for your culturally diverse client
Kanchan Prinsloo, MA, CEC, PCC
- Master of Arts, Leadership; Certified Executive Coach; Professional Certified Coach (ICF Designation)
- Founder, KaPri Consulting Inc – a commitment to women of color leading powerfully
- Leadership development training and Executive Coaching practices in UK and Canada
- Extensive diversity program training experience with organizations worldwide including Blackrock, MetLife, Onex, RBC, TD, Novelis, HSBC, Deloitte, and Great West Life
- Ten years plus Executive Board work in UK and Canada with organizations empowering women and children in India
- Twenty-five years plus of senior organizational experience including operations, strategic planning, team development, and relationship building
CCEUs for this event: Core Competencies 1.0